Tuesday, September 28, 2004

the LA metro is probably just a movie prop...

last night, in a fit of stupidity, i managed to lock my keys inside our neighborhood cafe. this would not have been a problem except for the fact that park la brea is a gated community and los angeles is a city of disgustingly lazy people who would rather chew their own legs off than walk anywhere making it almost impossible to cross the sprawl without some sort of gas powered vehicle. i had no idea what would i do without my gate key, my top door key, my lower door key, my parking garage key, my mailbox key and my car key. well, i decided if i couldn't find my keys by 8am i would take the metro. there are theories that the los angeles metro was actually constructed as a movie prop. most native angelinos don't even believe it exists. i figured it was worth investigating as it is only a two mile hike to the nearest stop and by rollerblading, i would not be afforded the opportunity to scratch, dent or otherwise maim the rental car (not that i've done that). but yes, thankfuly i found my keys. jessica, the owner of the cafe, saved them out for me. what good peoples. i will save the subway for another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give us the gate key.
I have no gate key.
Fezzik, tear his arms off.
Oh, you mean this gate key.

Hey man, could've been worse. At least you weren't trying to storm the castle.