Thursday, June 09, 2005

This kind of weather is why The Great Gatsby ended in disillusionment and bloodshed.

It has been said by SOMEONE (hey Becky, sup yo?) that I "barely" post. Since she took time out from her European cruise to pass that along, I feel I cannot really deny it. But to be quite honest I really have not done anything of interest lately. It is very, very hot. My main pastimes have been sitting at my desk writing and (usually simultaneously) trying not to pass out. I think my blood pressure goes down six points for every degree the temperature goes up. I would never make it living in the South.

Yesterday I went over to Matt's and talked to him and Adam about our upcoming film. In the course of the evening, we thoroughly explored the grocery store, visited the spy warehouse, ate pudding, watched the evening primroses pop open and spread their petals, and then finally got around to doing pre-production work.

From filming and writing research in the past three days, I have learned about shoe polish, turpentine, clowns, how to care for a string of pearls, the history of the word "halcyon," the packaging and promotional offers associated with both Cheez Whiz and Easy Cheese, what "nihil desperandum" means (it means maybe), spitzes (in dog form and hat form), and I believe that's it. Oh, and twenties-style headgear.

Now you see why I blog-dodge like I do.

2 comments:

L'Écureuil said...

dude ... more about the film, please!

Matthew said...

I AM FINALLY COOL ENOUGH TO BE MENTIONED BY NAME!! w00t!