Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Inferiority Complex?

Last night I dreamed that my boss told me she didn't like the recipe I use for sugar cookies, even though she has never had any of my sugar cookies, nor have we ever even talked about sugar cookies. I also dreamed that Pierce Gleeson said somewhere that he did not like this blog -- not just the web design, which is admittedly substandard, but the content -- even though I'm quite sure he has never read it. Then I dreamed a complete stranger scoffed at my photography, which wasn't fair because in my dream I felt like I was trying to move through marshmallow, and it was really hard to focus on the waterfall while trying not to fall off the edge of the cliff that I got to through a secret room in the library. Meaningless criticisms I see ahead for tonight:

1. Carl Kasell belittles the way I wash dishes, in spite of not knowing I exist.
2. Heslington berates my critical thinking skills, regardless of being a sheep-shaped doorstop.
3. The wind tells me I am wearing ugly shoes, even though it is dressed in a red plaid suit and is in no position to judge.

Addendum: As a matter of fact, after writing this, I dreamed that I was forced to repeat my senior year of high school, and was scolded by an authority figure for having forgotten the combination to my locker. Even though I had not used it in eight years. I tried to explain that I wouldn't be in this pickle if they hadn't taken away the yearbook room, but no one listens to logic in dreams.

I think it's worth mentioning that the rest of my class had to repeat, too, and that Dan remembered his locker combination. "Oh yeah, of course I know it. Use it all the time. Sheesh, Simon."

Matt, however, was having some issues being re-enrolled because his mom couldn't find a copy of his birth certificate. He stopped at a showcase in the hallway, bought a lizard, and said, "Well this should take care of it." And we all agreed that indeed a lizard was a perfectly acceptable replacement for Matt's birth certificate. Annoyingly, my alarm went off before I found out what the guidance office said.

3 comments:

Ivan said...

your brain is fascinating.

Simon said...

you were in that dream, too. you were sitting next to me in English. ah, just like old times.

Katie said...

Initially I was just going to comment that the next time I get to meet Carl Kasell I will tell him that you wash dishes just fine, thank you very much. But then I read your addendum. It was amusing. The inside of your head appears to be almost as weird as mine. I told my dad about the Obama dreams tonight and he was highly amused. Especially about my trip across northern Africa.