Monday, July 13, 2009

Caution: Exhaustion at Play


I have lots of things to post about but once again I nearly forgot to post today and I'm barely squeezing this in before bed. Please accept this flower in the stead of actual content. It might be a tiger lily. It might be an orange day lily. I really don't know. What I do know is, multiple people over the years have remarked to me that orange is the color of evil. By multiple, I mean two. But it's still strange. Like that time Paris, Texas came up twice in one day. That's not really the same thing, but it goes to illustrate that when you hear something twice it, stays with you. I have now put Paris, Texas in a short story because once I learned it existed it was too good not to use. I don't mean to imply by this connection that Paris, Texas is evil, but I've never been there so I can't say categorically that it is not. Three days ago I was talking to someone about how when you stay up really, really late, you usually feel perfectly fine the next day, maybe even strangely energetic, but then the day after that, you feel completely awful and can't function. The solution, we decided, was simply to not stay up really, really late. Which I then immediately did twice in a row. (Can I help it if I have entertaining friends? No I cannot.) This is the first day after. I can only imagine what tomorrow will be like. Anyway I just thought I would explain why this doesn't make any sense. Orange is for evil! Maybe I should put some hats on before I go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Orange is not evil, but Paris, Texas is. I should know. I had the misfortune of growing up there. I got out as quickly as I could.