Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

Every year at work, there's a huge Halloween party that involves a ridiculous amount of effort on the part of staff all focused on just getting students to figure out how to use call numbers. This tree was created by the good folks at the Art Library. You'll notice the lower left side is particularly well-barked. That's because I barked it personally and have the glue gun wounds to prove it. All I can say is, thank goodness I didn't bark the wrong tree. (If I have not yet made this joke to you in person, don't worry, because I will.)

Simon P., who was visiting, came to work with me. Here at the photo booth, she made use of excess costume parts to impersonate a crab in the ocean. I genuinely believe this to be among the best costumes I have ever seen.

When we got home, we took a walk through town to look at all the Halloween costumes and decorations. There were two adorable firefighters, and one Viking in a horned hat and a fur coat. On the corner in front of the Catholic church, there were a couple of princesses with a tent handing out candy. They had a lot of penguins. I still haven't figured out why, although I don't see why not.

The people who are always awesome were awesome again this year. Not pictured: the ghost in the coffin, the legs sticking straight out of the ground, the jack o'lantern with a pig face (and ears), and the animation of a skull opening and closing its mouth in one of the upper windows.

It is very hard to take good pictures at night with my camera, so I had to stick to houses that were well-lit. There was only one. After making a quick lap around the neighborhood, Simon P. and I went home. We were so exhausted by our exciting day that we pretty much giggled until I fell into my bed and went unconscious, possibly while still talking. I hear that I suggested morally questionable means of funding the magnificent shop that Simon P. intend someday to open, but I deny all knowledge of it. I am still very tired, which is what I will blame for the disjointed nature of this post.

No comments: