Monday, March 25, 2013

The Dandelion

I would like to talk to you about the Dandelion.

IMG_0250x

It is a restaurant in Philadelphia.

IMG_0238x

But it feels like an English pub. Except there's no smoking. And you have to tip.

IMG_0254x

We were seated in the dog-themed room, which was silly, and entertaining.

IMG_0237x

The dogs were so highly bred I nearly felt compelled to start using Received Pronunciation.

IMG_0243xx

I had a marvelous salad, with lettuce big enough to rig up and sail to Italy with, and Historian, Esq. enjoyed his burger very much.

And then we got to dessert. Historian, Esq. said his rice pudding with peaches and cream was the best dessert he had ever consumed.

IMG_0258

And I can tell you quite honestly that these hot-from-the-oven orange-flavored madeleines with warm dark chocolate dip are the most delicious thing I have ever put in my mouth, full stop. After I was done eating it, I seriously considered asking for a refill. This is why I bring cameras to restaurants. I WOULD NEVER WANT TO FORGET THE HOT ORANGE MADELEINES WITH THE DELICATE CRUST AND POWDERED SUGAR I TELL YOU I WOULD DIE FIRST.

IMG_0257

If you are ever in Philadelphia, this is the place you must go. Liberty Bell Schmiberty Bell. Eat something at the Dandelion. It will be so good you'll want to take pictures of it.

No comments: