Friday, October 01, 2004

it's an eeevvviilll rental car

so i was about a week over on my car rental contract and still not quite sure how to approach the whole scratch/dent/gouge issue. i was pretty sure enterprise would not be pleased to see the large black mark branding the left rear door, so i ventured to pep boys and raided the scratch removal isle. at work i begged my fellow employees to help me remove the scratches, citing numerous menial tasks i complete during the day giving them time to do things like: create rubber band balls. they shot some rubber bands at me and decided i was worthy of their expertise. the "detailing" went surprisingly well and the car looked much better when we finished. too bad the car rental man was evil. he took one look at the car and said, "wow, looks like you got a little scraped up there... we're gonna have to get that fixed. we don't have any small cars right now, so i'm gonna send you home in a dodge ram". to this i said "i think not". if i managed to scrape up a car the size of a carolla, putting me in a tank masquerading as a car seems like a poor decision. i conviced him to wait till december to fill out the "accident report" therefore saving me more driving drama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After some confusion as to the identity of this blog (who are simon and ivan? and what does all that French mean???) I'm excited to discover that it's a certain rollerblading, car-denting Rochesterian's blog. What fun! Now for my real comment: The term "tank" is used far too loosely, in my opinion, to describe sporty, all-terrain vehicles. But if that term must be used, it should be noted that my "tank" has held up very nicely despite numerous dentable situations :)MGDub