Monday, November 15, 2004

the reality of my reality television experience

film garden is working on a new show called "popularity contest" for CMT. Technically I am not allowed to tell you about "popularity contest" as everyone in the company including the cleaning staff was forced to sign a confidentiality agreement... but, being the lowly intern, I was overlooked when the confidentiality nazi's came a knockin, so i can actually tell you all about the show without any consequences- this includes paying the 3 million dollar fine (mtv does not mess around when it comes to bad reality television). I really can't tell you what the show is about though... i think i've labeled about 600 tapes and they all have titles like "debra sue practices for the hog calling contest but can only find a goat". of course my new job as "dub rack wench" (i copy tapes), affords me the opportunity to watch all 1,200 hours of the soon to be seven hour series... maybe i will tune in for the goat calling contest and tell you how it goes...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I realize this is a slightly different situation, but now that you bring up hog-calling, I must say: I can't tell you how many times I've tried to call a hog and gotten a goat instead. It makes me question myself deeply. Was I not meant to call hogs? Who am I if I can't call a hog? What exactly is hog-calling? And who would want a hog anyway when, apparently, there are goats around? This is what I'll write you letters about if you end up in prison.

Anonymous said...

and here i thought popularity contest was going to be about a bunch of social climber kids vying for seats at the cool kids' lunch table...(MGDub)

Matthew said...

Pigs + goats?! There WERE film crews at work this summer, but I didn't think MTV would be there! Damn! Well look for me in the background of shots. I'll be the farmer with 20 kids.

1,200 hours?! Lucky YOU! ;)