Saturday, May 14, 2005

That's Telekinesis, Kyle

The alien baby is giving me special powers. The other night after Becky and I watched Independence Day, I had a dream that aliens were taking over the country. I mentioned this to Becky and she was rather surprised because she had had a very similar dream. But of course we had both just watched the movie, so it wasn't all that shocking.

Then, two or three days later, I had an alarming dream that I was mysteriously pregnant. I told my dream unto Becky and lo, Becky had had a similar dream. Well, that is strange, I thought. Becky and I seem to be tuned to same dream channel. Still, we do live together and see each other every day, so maybe it can be explained that way.

BUT NOW, I have just received the information that MATT has been dreaming of aliens as well and CHRISTI has been dreaming of bizarre pregnancies.

Clearly the only explanation is that the alien baby is telephathically imposing my dreams on others, or stealing others' dreams and feeding them into my unsuspecting brain. So I'm pretty sure that within a couple of weeks, I will be able kill a yak from 200 yards away . . . with mind bullets. I can't wait to see what powers I get in the third trimester!

5 comments:

Simon and Ivan said...

they have yaks in poughkeepsie?

Anonymous said...

yes! finally an answer!! i haven't had a dreamless sleep in about a week.. i can't figure out what the cause is. Last nights included a huge orgy (and i was a male specimen) and something about a castle. Perhaps it was Harry Potter's psyche or something... but in any case I am not happy with the dreams. They creep me out.

L'Écureuil said...

alien baby is making katie into lord voldemort?

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is telekinesis, Ky-eeetie. >.>
But you are mistaken when you think I was surprised that we had similar dreams, but I am WONDER B-GIRL!! And I have the power...to move you. (I could be typing all of this because of the combination of drugs and the frustation at the inability to sleep, but who knows?)
In any case, I think that the third trimester is going to be very fantabulous, and it upsets me greatly that we won't be living together anymore at that time.

Matthew said...

If that's the case, I suspect your alien baby is going to end up coming out looking something like Calvin in that series of strips where he needed a topic for his paper and put a strainer on his head and it enlarged his head and had to wear a turban down to dinner...
I searched to find a scan of it online, to no avail. But I'm sure that's what alien baby will look like. If it's a boy. And can kill yaks. And speaking of which are you then going to EAT the yak and return to your former namesake?!