Thursday, September 08, 2005

HELLO LORD. OW.

The DVD player at the town house last year said HELLO LORD when you turned it on. The DVD player at home says OW. I think in this day and age it should not be that difficult to make an LCD display that actually works. Therefore I conclude that one of the following is true: (1) the DVD player makers are a funny bunch of people, or (2) the DVD players are actually an alien race who have accidentally identified the human race as superior and/or are easily bruised. I'm sure that somehow either conclusion can be made to prove something about the existence of God.

2 comments:

L'Écureuil said...

maybe dvd players have already had their Rapture, and your two ended up on different sides of the archangel mike.

Matthew said...

Ask Adam about his very polite microwave, sometime. I've never had an appliance wish me well before that machine showed up.