Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Semi-Stranded

Eyjafjallajökull canceled my flight to Rome. They opened all the airports today. I suppose I will feel vindicated when planes start dropping from the sky, but for now I'm just bitter and semi-stranded in Brooklyn.

And looking for new flights had me stress eating my way through a variety of processed cheese products-- it was to the point where my brain was so addled by the existance of $2,000 one way tickets through Spain that I ate a bag of cheddar kettle corn, took a nap, took a walk, ate some Kraft and then finally settled down to drink a Magic Hat #9 and book my damn flight. And if Magic Hat isn't the best thing for a tired brain, I don't know what is, because I cracked one open and the bottle cap was like a hug:

Thank you for the pep talk, beer bottle. I'll be flying to Rome via Cairo on Sunday. Eff you Volcano. In other news, it's kumquat season! Stop by south slope if you'd like to try a fruit that feels exactly like being punched in the face!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip Lindz. fyi, I will be indulging in my loquat tree while you live it up in Rome (yes, I have i loquat tree)...

Ivan said...

YOU CANNOT LEAVE AN ANONYMOUS COMMENT ABOUT YOUR A LOQUAT TREE. who is this, and why aren't you sharing?